PICTURE BY Richard Gregson shows Bodedern Athletic celebrating a goal v Glantraeth.
A VILLAGE club on Anglesey is now officially the best performing non-league club in the United Kingdom.
Bodedern Athletic have dominated the North Wales Coast West Premier so far this season, winning all 18 of their matches and sitting 10 points clear of Bangor 1876 at the top of the table.
Their latest victory came in a routine 6-0 win over Glantraeth on Saturday afternoon with top scorer Marc Evans netting 4 goals and Sam Gregson and Casey Gregg adding 1 goal each.
And that sort of form has now garnered Ricky Williams’ side national recognition on the Global League Stats table published by the Non-League Matters website which reveals them to officially be the best performing non-league team in the UK.
Cornwall-based Falmouth Town’s run of 20-straight wins came to an end when they lost 3-2 to St Blazey in the South West Peninsula Premier Division on Saturday.
That sent them tumbling down the table and placed Boded at the very top of the pile which consists of the top 250 non-league clubs with the best records on a weekly basis.
Bodedern’s sensational league record has also seen them score 82 goals and concede just 11 so far as they go in search of the title.
Only six other clubs apart from Bodedern now have 100 percent records across non-league football in the UK.
A link to the table can be found here.
BODEDERN ATHLETIC LEAGUE RECORD THIS SEASON:
- July 7: Pentraeth (away) 3-2
- July 21: Pwllheli (home) 2-0
- Aug 2: Amlwch Town (home) 4-1
- Aug 11: Aberffraw (away) 4-0
- Aug 27: Glantraeth (away) 7-1
- Sep 17: Gwalchmai (away) 4-2
- Sep 27: Menai Bridge Tigers (away) 2-0
- Oct 9: Mynydd Llandegai (home) 5-1
- Oct 16: Nefyn United (away) 3-1
- Oct 23: Gaerwen (home) 9-0
- Oct 30: Pentraeth (home) 12-0
- Nov 6: Penrhyndeudraeth (home) 2-1
- Nov 20: Bangor 1876 (home) 3-2
- Nov 27: Pwllheli (away) 3-0
- Jan 15: Llanrug United (home) 8-0
- Jan 22: Aberffraw (home) 4-0
- Jan 29: Llanberis (home) 1-0
- Feb 12: Glantraeth (home) 6-0